Monday, June 7, 2010

The Adventure Begins...

I took Part 1 of my WR-121 Final Exam for the spring 2010 Term this morning. Went good, but we'll see how whatever instructors are selected to grade it think--as I've found out before now, mine isn't the only opinion in the world. I thought one of my WR-121 papers was really super good... until I ended up with an 82 on it. But--I've figured some of the stuff out, and just found out I got a 90 on the next one. Glad to see there's some improvement in my writing.

But then, it's not like I don't feel that there has been. I've never liked writing. When I started a school-day, I would feel like someone walking in an area with good Cougar habitat. I might not see the writing assignments first off, but they were around and ready to devour me. That was before January of 2009; before I got the idea of "The Forges of Nebuthos."

It started after I finished singing Steven Curtis Chapman's "Dancin' with the Dinosaur." I don't know why the idea hit me then, and never before, but it did. Why in the world wasn't there much Dino lit in the world today? I figured that the situation wouldn't change too much if I just wondered. I started experimenting with Dino ideas, and the Sci-Fi/Fantasy Galactic World of Arcleiada was born.

I talked with my younger brother Clint about my idea (He was 14 and I was 16), and he got all on fire. We talked to a few friends. What did they think? They thought the idea was awesome. Now, in case you're wondering, "The Forges of Nebuthos" only received that name a couple of months ago. Until then, Clint and I had referred to our story as "Triassic Wars." I know, very ingenuitive. NOT!!

Clint and I decided to write four books--the names were not decided upon until some three months later--and end the story there. But it was not to be. About a month later, we had come up with ideas for two more books. After that, we decided that we weren't content to leave everything in Arcleiada (AHRC-lee-AY-duh)--hence the series "Invasion of the Milky Way" came into existence. I'll probably leave off for now--with one note: Most of the various 'series' are merely a collection of ideas that are slowly formulating into individual titles. So far, the only titles that we have actually come up with plots for are: "The Dead Civilization", "Twilight's Dawn", "A Star Called Dragon", "The Skies of Tumult", "White Shadow Rising", and "A Crisis of Identity".

That's all for now...

1 comment:

  1. Hey David! Found your blog. =P ;)

    ~Queen Lucy~

    (*coughfromTPScough*)

    ReplyDelete